Join the hundreds of people with back pain and neck pain that we’ve helped to take control, get past pain and move without limitation. You’re not alone. Back and neck pain is an inevitable part of life and with the right tools and management, doesn’t need to be a hinderance on your life.
As the most common presentation to our clinic, we treat back and neck pain sufferers on a daily basis.
70-90% of Australians will suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives, with 1/6 people currently struggling with low back issues. Neck pain is equally as prevalent, especially those in office and computer based occupations.
How can Physiotherapy help me?
- Reducing pain: When your symptoms are at their worst, we focus on getting you pain free and comfortable. This can involve things such as hands on work, education about what movements will help and which you should avoid, taping and gentle exercise (exercise helps with pain, even when you’re sore)
- Regaining range of motion: once we have your pain under control, the focus shifts to regaining your normal range of motion, and providing your back with the strength it needs to move freely.
- Ensuring we minimise recurrence: Once your symptoms are under control, exercise is the key to regain mobility, strength, function and prevent recurrence.
Think of exercise as adding layers of armour to your painful region. The stronger you can get it, the more protection it has and the less likely it is to become sore again. Education as to why the problem presented in the first place and self-management strategies to prevent recurrence are also a staple part of our treatment sessions.
- Identifying factors that might increase the likelihood of neck and back pain: Discussion about the other factors that affect your back and neck pain: As back and neck pain are influenced by a multitude of factors, the Thrive Physio Plus team will be sure to implement a holistic approach. This includes examining areas such as posture, sleep, mental stressors, work ergonomics and current sports or exercise routines.
- In conjunction with getting you strong and mobile to assist in your recovery and prevent re-injury, the Thrive Physio Plus also has therapists highly skilled in the McKenzie Method of spinal assessment and management. The McKenzie method is a philosophy for the assessment and management of back and neck pain, and is used clinicians and clients worldwide. This approach remains one of the most researched Physiotherapy based techniques available.
It is a safe and reliable way to diagnose spinal pain, and empowers you to learn the skills to manage your symptoms independently. These skills, when applied properly, will alleviate pain and prevent recurrence when used over the longer term.
It’s a great method to help you regain control of your life and provide you with the tools necessary to help yourself!
If you want to know how we can reduce your pain and reach your physical best, book a time online or call the clinic on 8490 0777 to start your journey today. Alternatively, fill out the enquiry form below and we’ll get one of our experienced Physiotherapists to give you a call.BOOK ONLINE