Back and neck pain can be debilitating. It often has a negative impact on your life, both socially and professionally. A back or neck injury is not something you should ignore or hope will go away by itself; it could negatively affect your quality of life for years to come. Our expert physios will help reduce pain, regain range of motion and prevent reoccurrence. We use a modern approach including hands-on treatment, education and exercise to get you moving and feeling better as quickly as possible. Common conditions include low back pain, sciatica, nerve pain and postural pain.
Join the hundreds of people with back pain and neck pain that we’ve helped to take control of, get past pain and move without limitation. You’re not alone. Back and neck pain is an inevitable part of life and with the right tools and management, doesn’t need to be a hinderance on your life.
As the most common presentation to our clinic, we treat back and neck pain sufferers on a daily basis.
70-90% of Australians will suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives, with 1/6 people currently struggling with low back issues. Neck pain is equally as prevalent, especially in office and computer-based occupations.
How can Physiotherapy help me?
- Reducing pain: When your symptoms are at their worst, we focus on getting you pain free and comfortable. This can involve things such as hands on work, education about what movements will help and which you should avoid, taping and gentle exercise (exercise helps with pain, even when you’re sore)
- Regaining range of motion: once we have your pain under control, the focus shifts to regaining your normal range of motion, and providing your back with the strength it needs to move freely.
- Ensuring we minimise recurrence: Once your symptoms are under control, exercise is the key to regain mobility, strength, function and prevent recurrence.
Think of exercise as adding layers of armour to your painful region. The stronger you can get it, the more protection it has and the less likely it is to become sore again. Education as to why the problem presented in the first place and self-management strategies to prevent recurrence are also a staple part of our treatment sessions.
4. Identifying factors that might increase the likelihood of neck and back pain: Discussion about the other factors that affect your back and neck pain: As back and neck pain is influenced by a multitude of factors, the Thrive Physio Plus team will be sure to implement a holistic approach. This includes examining areas such as posture, sleep, mental stressors, work ergonomics and current sports or exercise routines.
5. Giving you the right advice! Been told you’ve got a disc bulge in your low back? We hear this a lot!
Believe it or not, 50% of people in their 40’s have a disc bulge, and have NO PAIN at all.
Disc bulges are common in all people, even those without back pain. Plus, the research shows that two-thirds of disc bulges spontaneously resolve! Being told you’ve got a disc bulge isn’t a reason to stop doing the things you love. They respond really well if given the right advice and treatment.
If you want to know how we can reduce your pain and reach your physical best, book a time online or call the clinic on 8490 0777 to start your journey today. Alternatively, fill out the enquiry form below and we’ll get one of our experienced Physiotherapists to give you a call.