How long is a Physiotherapy consultation?
Initial consultations are 45 minutes and subsequent consultations are 30 minutes long, providing us with the time to discuss goals, perform a thorough assessment, treat and give you the advice/education necessary to get the best outcome possible.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. You may be asked to remove items of clothing depending on the treatment area.
- Relevant scans or reports from other health professionals. This won’t affect the way we assess or treat you, but will ensure we have all the information to get you where you need to be.
- Private health card where applicable
- Any relevant WorkCover or Motor Accident Commission documents or claim numbers.
Do I need a referral?
No. Physiotherapists are primary care practitioners. If you wish to attend via a Medicare Care Plan however, you will need to see a GP prior to your first visit. If you’re not familiar with this regime, give us a call at the clinic to discuss.
How is Physio supervised exercise different than going to a gym?
Physiotherapy is a highly skilled profession
- We understand the human body.
- We undertake a thorough assessment.
- We have an extensive knowledge of musculoskeletal conditions
- We know what your body needs and what it doesn’t need.
- We know what your condition or ability will and won’t allow you to do.
- We know where to strengthen or improve mobility for you and how to do it.
- We know how to do this safely.
What happens if I miss my appointment?
To ensure everyone has the opportunity to be seen when needed, we expect that in the case you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, you call the practice and notify us as soon as possible.
If notice of less than twelve (12) hours is given prior to the appointment, a cancellation fee equivalent to the full fee of the consultation/gym class will be charged.