We’re offering an exclusive deal to our Facebook community, an expert knee consult for only $69 (A saving of $104) with only 5 spots available!
The $69 Knee Pain Offer Includes:
- Long Lasting Results, on top of short term pain relief- you deserve both!
- Proven Treatments and a written Treatment Plan.
- A 60 minute Expert assessment, treatment and explanation of your injured knee isn’t working as well as it should ($125 Value)
- FREE Knee Strength Dynamometery Assessment ($49 Value)
- Private health rebates available in-clinic.
Our top tips for managing knee pain at the gym:
📊Manage your load:
- If you’re battling recurrent knee pain you’ll need to change up how you’re doing things a little. This doesn’t mean stopping all together!
- It’s about finding how much your knee can tolerate, whether that be choosing certain exercises over others, tweaking how much weight you’re using, or reducing the volume (i.e. number of sets or reps) for a short period of time to allow your knee to settle.
💪Strengthen the muscles that help support your knee:
- This involves performing targeted exercises that build up and support your knee, so that when you do your more challenging movements and weights, your knee is able to cope.
- Strength work can be used in conjunction with taping and other treatments even in the acute stage to help settle symptoms and address the underlying cause of your pain.
Below are some of our favourite, mid-stage knee rehab exercises:
View this post on Instagram
➕Front of your knee pain – mid stage rehab➕ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⬆️ Further to our front of knee pain ‘early stage rehab’ post, the following exercises are more suited to mid stage rehab. ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 👉🏼 Typically in this stage, the initial inflammation in the knee has settled and the muscles around your knee are activating better from the early stage exercises. Want to know if these are suitable for you? These are some helpful indicators that you might be out of the initial acute phase and can begin mid stage exercises: 🔹 Intermittent knee pain ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🔹 Able to bend and straighten your knee without discomfort 🔹 Pain not being flared up easily with activities of daily living e.g. walking, up and down stairs. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 🦵🏼These exercises increase the emphasis on the quadriceps and glutes whilst working on leg control and pelvic stability, a non-negotiable when rehabilitating knees for running. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1) Side and front step up +/- weight 🔹 Side step up – step behind your elevated leg to ensure you can drive through your heel (for optimal glute activation) on the way up. 🔹 Front step up – drive up through your heel as you step up. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 2) Crab walks 🔹Slight amount of knee bend 🔹Hinge your hips forward and have your weight over your heels. 🔹Feet no closer than hip width apart 🔹Focus on level hips, not letting your pelvis tip up and down 🔹Take small steps. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 3) Resisted knee extension 🔹Place a band around a chair leg and wrap it over so it sits on the front of your foot/ankle. 🔹Turn your leg slightly outwards to bias your inner quad muscle. 🔹Hold at the end of range for 3 seconds. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Tag a runner with knee pain! We hope this helps and as always feel free to send us a message with any questions 😋 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 👀 Look out for our final post in this series over the next couple of weeks. It’ll take you through the final stage of rehab, featuring exercises that will ramp up the challenge and get you started on the way to bulletproofing your knees! #kneepain #anteriorkneepain #kneepainrelief #runnersofinstagram #runnersrehab #kneerehab #runnerslife
🚀Seek to improve hip and knee biomechanics when performing movements
- Particularly if you’re new to a movement, like squatting or lunging. Having a knee expert assess and work with you to optimise your technique can not only ease your symptoms in the short term, but make you move more efficiently and thereby improving your performance and how much you can lift!
BOOKING IS EASY – SIMPLY CHOOSE:
- Your Practitioner – Matt and Stef are the treat knees daily!
- Choose the Time and Date that best suits you.
- Enter your details
- Receive the immediate confirmation email – you’re all booked in!
And that’s it – no logins, no passwords and your information is totally secure.
These spots go fast, so book in now!BOOK ONLINE NOW TO SAVE $104 ON KNEE PHYSIO